If you have a query about our products or an order you’ve placed, you can contact us by email at email@example.com we aim to answer all emails within 48 hours of receipt.
Alternatively, you can call our UK-based office on 01489 790219. Lines are open 9.30am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday. All telephone calls will be answered in person in the UK and are charged at standard national telephone rates (i.e. not premium rate).
If you are contacting us about an existing order, please include your order number which can be found on your confirmation email. If you wish to return an item, please read our returns policy.
Placing an order through our website is easy to do, and is the most cost-efficient way of ordering from us. However, if you’d prefer to place an order by phone or post, you are welcome to do so.
- You can call us on 01489 790219 and we’ll be happy to take your order. Please have your credit or debit card ready; we accept MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit and Maestro. Lines are open 9.30am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday. All telephone calls will be answered in person in the UK and are charged at standard national telephone rates (i.e. not premium rate).
- Alternatively, you can post your order form to us at the following address:
PO Box 294
Cheques should be made payable to PCF.
100% of profit raised from merchandise sold through the online shop goes towards helping our beneficiaries in the UK and Philippines. You can find out more about the projects and people your money is helping to fund by visiting the PCF website.
Sometimes items sell out due to popular demand. In these instances, we will endeavour to replenish stocks but this is not always possible. If you have placed an order for an item that is no longer available, our Customer Services team will get in touch with you to offer you an alternative item or a refund.
We’ll send you an email to confirm that your order has been placed. Orders are usually processed within 48 hours of being received, and posted shortly afterwards. We’ll email you to let you know that your order has been sent out to you. Whilst you should normally receive your order within a week, please do allow up to 14 days.
Amending your order
You can amend your order at any time before it is dispatched. Please contact our Customer Services team who will be happy to help you.
Cancelling your order
You have a legal right to cancel your order prior to it being dispatched. The easiest way to do this is to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will email you back to confirm that we have received your cancellation. You can also contact our customer service team by telephone on 01489 790219. If you are emailing us, please include details of your order number. If you send us your cancellation notice by email, your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email to us.
Problems with your order
If you haven’t received your order within 14 days of it being dispatched, please contact our Customer Services team. Similarly, if you receive an incorrect or damaged item, please contact our Customer Services team within 7 days. We will offer you a replacement item or a full refund, as per our returns policy.
When you order through the website, we’ll send you an email to confirm that your order has been placed. Orders are usually processed within 48 hours of being received, and posted shortly afterwards. We’ll email you to let you know that your order has been sent out to you. Whilst you should normally receive your order within a week, please do allow up to 14 days.
Small items are posted Royal Mail Second Class. Larger items are sent via a carried courier service.
Postage for orders of £40 and under costs £4.95. We have to charge postage for these orders to ensure that we keep our overheads as low as possible. This ensures that we can put as much money as possible towards helping our beneficiaries in the UK and Philippines. Orders with a value of above £40 or those that only contain ‘virtual’ items such as donations, e-cards and Gifts That Matter will not incur a postage and packing charge. Please note that ‘virtual’ items do not count towards your overall basket total for the calculation of postage charges.
For overseas rates please contact our customer service team.
In the unlikely situation that you receive an item that is damaged or faulty, we will give you a full refund, including the cost of returning the item to us. If you simply change your mind, we will refund the cost of the item, but the cost of returning it to us will be your responsibility.
Here’s how to return an item to us:
- Contact our Customer Services team within 7 days of receiving the item, and let them know you wish to return it. You can choose to receive either a replacement item or a refund.
- Carefully repackage the item, including a copy of the invoice and order details in the return parcel to help us identify your order. Please download the returns form, complete and return with the item.
- Send your returns through a service that insures the value of the goods. We recommend recorded delivery.
- Keep proof of postage. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility unless the item is faulty or damaged.
- Returned items should be sent to:
14 Rectory Court
Once we receive your return, we will refund the amount back to your credit or debit card within 14 days. If you have paid by cheque, you will receive a confirmation letter of your return and refund cheque within 14 days. This is subject to normal postal services and does not include weather conditions, industrial action or other extraordinary circumstances outside the control of Purple Community Fund.
Exchanging an item
To exchange an item, please follow our returns procedure above. If your item is in stock, we will replace the item within 14 days of receipt. If your item is not in stock, we will provide the date that it will be available or offer a refund. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
Purple Community Fund Trading Limited Terms and Conditions
In these terms the reference to ‘Purple Community Fund’ means Purple Community Fund Trading Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Purple Community Fund whose registered office is at 3 & 4 Pegasus House, Pegasus Court, Olympus Avenue, Warwick, CV34 6LW, charity registration number 1158729 (UK). Registered as a company limited by guarantee (8963655). Any reference to ‘you’ means the person purchasing the goods. Any reference to ‘shop’ means our online shop accessed via www.p-c-f.org./shop
By ordering and purchasing goods through the shop you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the terms and conditions laid out below. These are the terms and conditions upon which you are buying your goods from Purple Community Fund Trading Ltd, a fully own subsidiary of Purple Community Fund. Please read them carefully before submitting your order.
• Postage and packaging will be an additional charge added on to the value of your order. The charity can only accept orders on-line for delivery within the British Isles address. For information about overseas delivery, please email email@example.com, telephone 01489 790219, or write to: PCF, PO Box 294, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2YD.
• All product prices shown on the shop are the set retail price (inclusive of VAT). They do not include postage and packing. Postage and packaging prices will need to be added at the order confirmation stage of your transaction (see clause 3 below).
• Postage is charged at £4.95 for orders up to and including £40. For orders of £40.01 and over, postage will be free. Your order will usually be delivered within 7 working days; however, please allow 14 days. Postage and packing costs will not apply to gift vouchers. These items also do not count towards the basket calculation for postage costs.
• If you are not satisfied with any item for any reason, please refer to our returns policy.
• If you would like to return an unwanted gift please be advised that we will only be able to offer a refund to the individual who purchased the item. If you would like to exchange the unwanted gift we will be obliged to notify the purchaser.
• All product sizes and weights are approximate. Colours and designs on some products will vary.
• Paypal payments are taken at the point of transaction.
• Purple Community Fund Trading Limited reserves the right to change the specification of the products featured on the website.
• Supplies of goods are subject to availability. If we are unable to fulfil your order our customer services team will contact you to discuss the provision of a substitute item or to process a refund.
• Where payment is by credit/debit card the person ordering must be the credit/debit cardholder or have the cardholder’s permission. Should the cardholder deny that permission was granted, you may be subject to legal action.
• This contract is governed by English Law.
• If you have any questions please contact the Customer Services team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call them on 01489 790219 – open 9.30am – 5.15pm Monday to Friday.
• All the profits from the sale of items on the online shop are gifted to Purple Community Fund and go towards helping our beneficiaries in the UK and Philippines.
• You agree to remain bound by these Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) for as long as you wish to use our site.
• The enforceability or otherwise of any provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions.
• Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you when you interact with us (e.g. by phone or online), register with us, enquire about our activities, make a donation, participate in an event, buy from our shops, apply to work or volunteer with us, visit our website or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
We may also receive information about you from third parties that we work with, for example JustGiving or paypal, where you have consented to them sending us your information.
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information we collect about you may include your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers, date of birth, and whether you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid.
We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters unless there is a legitimate reason for this (e.g. if you participate in an event for which we may need to provide support.)
We also collect information about how our website is used and track which pages users visit when they follow links in Purple Community Fund emails. We use this information to monitor and improve our website, services and activities e.g. to personalise website presentation or to see which services or events are of most interest. Where possible we use anonymous or aggregated data that does not identify individuals. See further information about cookies below.
How do we use personal information?
We use the personal information collected from users for a number of purposes, including:
• to provide you with services, products or information you have requested;
• to provide further information about our work, services, activities or products;
• to process donations or payments we have received from you;
• to further our charitable aims, including for fundraising activities;
• to fulfill sales made online or through our shops;
• to register, administer and personalise online accounts;
• to register and administer your participation in events for which you have registered;
• to analyse and improve our work, services, activities, products or information (including our website) or for our internal records;
• to use IP addresses and monitor website use to identify locations, block disruptive use, record website traffic or personalise the way information is presented to you;
• for administration purposes (e.g. contact about an event you have registered for);
• to process your application for a job or volunteer role with us; and
• for fraud prevention, credit risk reduction or otherwise as required by law or regulation.
We may analyse your data for research purposes to improve our services, or to try to understand your preferences in order to contact you in the most appropriate and relevant way.
When you use our secure online donation or payment pages you will be directed to a specialist supplier company, who will receive your credit card number and contact information to process the transaction. We do not retain your credit or debit card details.
Your updates and preferences
It is important that we keep your personal information up to date. You can contact us at any time if your circumstances change.
It is your choice whether and how you receive information from us about our work, fundraising and ways you get involved. We may use your contact details and personal preferences which you have told us about, which we have derived from cookies (see our section below on cookies), or which we have inferred from your service usage or market research about your profile. You can stop receiving emails or texts by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails.
You can update your contact preferences by calling us on 01489 790219 or contacting the PCF team at email@example.com.
Do we provide information to other parties?
We will never sell your data to any third party. We will not share your details with other charities for marketing purposes.
Sometimes, we may need to share your information with a small number of trusted partners (service providers, agents and affiliated companies) for the purposes outlined above (e.g. a supplier that produces promotional material or delivers goods for us or a supplier that processes payments securely). Where we use third parties, we require them to adhere to appropriate controls to protect personal information.
Purple Community Fund is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure and we have security policies and technical measures in place to help protect your information (for example, we require specialist suppliers who process secure payments to comply with PCI DSS standards).
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Purple Community Fund cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
As a user you can help protect the integrity of any data you transmit to Purple Community Fund by taking common precautions such as regularly allowing patching for your operating system, ensuring you are running up to date and supported anti-virus software, and only transmitting data where HTTPS appears at the beginning of the page URL (this refers to the security technology Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and indicates that the data is being transmitted securely).
Right of Access and Complaints
You have the right to ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold about you or ask us to change it if you think it is wrong. Please contact us for more information. If you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would encourage you to contact us in the first instance so we can attempt to resolve any concerns.